On Fri, Oct 05, 2007, Christoph Schug wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 05, 2007, Joerg Lehrke wrote:
> >
> > > The problem is caused by following block within the shtool install
> > > function:
> > > [...]
> >
> > Ah, I see. Well, mysql.spec's usage of "shtool subst" with _arbitrary_
> > complex sed(1) style "-e" options is already the source of the trouble.
> > I'll see what we can do for GNU shtool but in the meantime I've changed
> > mysql.spec to use a regular simple sed(1) call. That's just fine here,
> > too.
>
> I don't feel very comfortable with the solution applied to the MySQL
> package. To be honest, the sed expressions in question aren't that
> complex. As there might be other expressions, similar or not, which
> would also not work under IRIX, we end up with a vaguely definied
> list of functionality which is not working as documented. So on
> what features can we rely on and which ones not in the future? This
> might affect dozens of packages. If the problem can be fixed on this
> very specific platform, IRIX, why not define the %{l_shool} macro
> differently on that platform, maybe one can expand it to '%{l_bash}
> %{l_prefix}/lib/openpkg/shtool' on IRIX and stick with the default on
> all the other platforms.

Well, I have to agree that it really was just a "workaround" here. If
someone can come up with a better solution (a "fix" for GNU shtool?)
I would be happy. I just was not able to find one by looking at the
provides outputs. I do not see why the stuff fails on IRIX. At least
"s/../../" commands never caused us such trouble, so I guess it is
related to the other sed commands used here.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org