Hello Michael,

On 2014-09-26 10:38, Michael Raab wrote:
> Hello Carsten,
> removal of FBO seems to work now. Thanks.
> While debugging I found out that the size of DisplayLists and VBO's
> increase also. Seems the initial set gets recreated with each
> Screenshot, and of course never destructed. I guess the PassiveWindow
> causes this as OpenSG links GLObjects to a specific window, correct?

yes, for most (all?) purposes you can think of a Window == OpenGL context.

> I think that's not the behavior I need as all the (gl)objects I need for
> the screenshot are already created. What I need to do is to redirect the
> rendering content from my main window to a specific FBO as the
> screenshot may have a different size as the main window. Is there a
> better/more efficient way to do this?

Right, that is the purpose of Stage (and derived) NodeCores, they can
redirect the rendering of the tree below them into an FBO.
Examples/Simple/fbotexture.cpp shows how this can be done with the
SimpleStage.
For making screenshots you could keep the Stage above the 'normal' root
of your scene and normally start rendering at that root. If you want to
create a screenshot start rendering at the Stage above it, i.e.
temporarily change the root used by the viewport.

        Cheers,
                Carsten