> Resizing the terseupdate packet size is going to be placed in to ModRex at
> least, that's why in the patch SendAvatarTerseUpdate method is marked as
> virtual.

Just a very quick short one; (yeah right)

Not talking about this patch in particular, just realized there's something
that app devs probably should be made aware of:

In OpenSim, there's been an implicit understanding (that we should probably
discuss and make explicit) that;

1) Marking stuff as 'virtual' because of the need to subclass in a particular
proprietary application should never be a problem. This strenghtens the API.

2) Going from 'private' to 'protected' because of the need to subclass in a
particular proprietary application should never be a problem. This strenghtens
the API.

3) Introducing extra layers of indirection because of the need to re-direct
control flow in a particular proprietary application should never be a problem.
This strenghtens the API.

4) Introducing stuff directly into core that is not used by core because a
particular proprietary feature demands it, will always be a problem. Instead,
do 1) or 2) or 3).

5) Going from 'protected' to 'public' because a particular proprietary feature
demands it, will always be a problem. Instead, do 1) or 2) or 3).

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB