The CB version we have in trunk is another implementation of similar
concepts. It has some hooks for some features, which were never
implemented, that the new system doesn't have yet, but the modular
system make them entirely possible.

At this point, the CB in trunk is stagnant. It's a stripped down
version that is already incompatible with upstream CB and
essentially unmaintained. I doubt anyone uses it and would think it
could also be dropped or moved.

Melanie