from my POV i would think that a Freeze For Release would be a good
idea since a constant MUST DO NEW FEATURE thing is what prevents
having a good release.

One thing that would be nice as a sidebar would be for there to be a
single shell exe that starts the webserver then starts the sim and
gives an all clear when the sim is ready (of course having a good
working web control panel would be good).

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.aus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> From: Jim Williams <sphere1...@gmail.com>
>> Not only do I not want to do development, I want to use the system which
>> was developed.  ... So, you may drop dead for all I care.  You are not
>> helping to protect my environment.
>

> Whoooaaa Jim... take it easy... that's way out of order in an open source
> contributed effort community.. and really not nice on a list for the
> developers who put their time and effort in to give us all software we can
> enjoy and use.
>
> I for one will be very pleased to see the stable release of 0.8.0 which
> testing is showing is very stable and up-to-date running on our own grid, on
> add-on regions on OSGrid and doing hypergrid jumps to a range of other
> grids.  I am very glad that Justin one again is willing to take on the
> release preparation on behalf of all of us in the community.. developers,
> testers, documenters, wiki and blog writers, and users.

Robert L Martin