Suprissed its still there, well people did have time enough to change the xml files to ini files on newer versions.
For me, using long time ini files so you can remove it.

On 2014-04-11 03:03, Melanie wrote:
Hi,

the RegionInfo class supports an ancient form of XML, one that is
based on attributes rather than tags.

At this point, we believe no one uses this format anymore. Further,
NINI offers another form of XML that is much more up to date and a
better replacement for the ancient XML in any case.

The affected installations would be those that use pre-0.6
configuration files (regions.xml) or use web loading.

The old config files would need to be redone by hand in .ini format,
and people who web-load would need to change the server scripts to
provide the same data in the new format, which is not too hard a task.

I propose to remove the support for the legacy format, which has
last been updated in 2007 and has been unused for two major revisions.

Thoughts are welcome.

Melanie