Yes, there is the template which describes the UDP packages pretty nicely.

As suggested, one way to start looking at the messages is from the
Opensim server side code that handles them. A place to start that is:
OpenSim/Region/ClientStack/Linden/UDP/LLClientView.cs

In viewgit:
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=b61bdeb647dfe79c7f00bd631f84d5c9ee9644bc&hb=b2810c4ca718663f2bbc8c86646444d698873352&f=OpenSim/Region/ClientStack/Linden/UDP/LLClientView.cs

We implemented a new protocol in realXtend Tundra - first wrote a
client side implementation of LLUDP, but then switched to a new
protocol. However that protocol was never added to Opensimulator
(would have been possible though), but we just started using the same
codebase that first made for the client as the server as well. Needed
extensibility more than SL compatibility.

-Toni