Thanks for the links, Marcus.  It is very surprising to me that there is
not one file or directory that says in code explicitly what viewer <->
server commands and responses are supported or required.   Surely this
cannot be the case.   I have seen such docs for server -> grid services
communication.   But not for viewer <-> server.   These latter would be
critical for anyone seeking to design a new viewer (web viewer for
instance), improve the protocols and the efficiency thereof, etc.