UNIX admin wrote:

>>Later this year  (Q2/Q3 2007) anyone (users of
>>Solaris 10++ [sparc and
>>x86/64]) will additionally have the alternative to
>>use the then
>>available MRTX packages, including MRTXseamonkey.
>>

>Do you plan to deliver MRTXseamonkey in /opt/mrtx resp.

yes

>/etc/opt/mrtx and /var/opt/mrtx (for config and data)?

yes

My SVR4 compliant pkgadd packages will also write to places outside of
/opt/mrtx.
Plus: The eaxct full src (including whatever build script changes) will
be published, still to be decided what methods I will use in detail
(other than just uploading the pkgs and the corresponding src trees and
diffs).

>My biggest gripe with Blastwave is that they are not System V compliant.

The MRTX pkgs will.
However, marTux itself will be rpm based while offering pkgadd
compatibility at the same time.
I make a second university break ofer the summer in order to get all my
todo plans done.
Or at least will I not subscribe to a 24*7 pensum of courses.

*NO* time before March, though.

>Dennis says this is because they wanted "everything in one place". I fail to
>see how NFS-mounting /etc/opt/csw from another server would have been a
>problem, but OK.

Okay, he is partially right: First you have more mount points when
staying SVR4 compliant with config dirs here and there.
Second, the nfs client may not have /etc/opt/csw or /etc/opt/mrtx yet,
and you need to mkdir them before you can mount.

However, I also potentially intend to offer one or another driver.
And I refuse to place those into /opt/mrtx/kernel or something.

Wait and C     :-)