Darren J Moffat wrote:

> Martin Bochnig wrote:
>
>> Okay, he is partially right: First you have more mount points when
>> staying SVR4 compliant with config dirs here and there.
>> Second, the nfs client may not have /etc/opt/csw or /etc/opt/mrtx yet,
>> and you need to mkdir them before you can mount.
>

> Huh ?  Thats that the automounter is for!

Huhh, really ??
Still: 3 > 1.
Will you deny that??

>> However, I also potentially intend to offer one or another driver.
>> And I refuse to place those into /opt/mrtx/kernel or something.
>

> Which is good because they wouldn't get found in there (by default) ;-)

Excatly.
Except if you change the search path.
Thanks for enlightening me.

BTW, your RBAC comments reminded me very much of the study material.    :-)
But I assume, Roland Mainz is already well aware of it.
I only didn't fully understand his exact question at 4a.m in the night.

--
Martin Bochnig
SunCertifiedSystemAdministrator for Solaris 9 and 8