On 22/03/07, Thomas De Schampheleire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Another thing that came to mind: the fact that Solaris needs a primary
partition to install on is a big problem in my view. I had set-up my
disk so there were 3 logical partitions of about 15GB for operating
systems (linux and I hoped OpenSolaris as well). Obviously, Solaris
couldn't install and I am not keen on repartitioning my whole disk.
Adding a new disk isn't a real option either since this is a laptop.

I know the install "folks" are working with others to eventually
support installing Solaris in an extended partition. In the meantime,
a program like PartitionMagic, gparted, qtparted, etc. can help you
re-arrange your partitions (non-destructively, though you should
BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST).

This a known issue, but one that didn't matter so much in the past,
since, as others pointed out, Solaris is used to being the only one on
the drive.

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/