Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 11:38 +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:
>> Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
>>> Just a follow up question; when will acpi appear in OpenSolaris by
>>> default?
>> ACPI already is[1] it appeared as part of newboot on x86 and is
>> regularly updated to the latest Intel reference code.  However I suspect
>> you don't really mean ACPI but some bit of functionality that you
>> believe uses ACPI.  So what do you really mean here.  Often when people
>> say that (I was confused initially as well) they mean one or more of the
>> following: battery info[2], suspend/resume to ram/disk, lid events,

> Power Management, when I go prtconf,

and what you do mean by power management it is a very broad and vauge
term.  Do you mean varying the CPU speed/power or something else ?

> acpi (driver not attached)"
>
> along with:
>
> cpus, instance #0
>        cpu (driver not attached)
>        cpu (driver not attached)
>
> My laptop has power management which Linux and Windows supports, but B70
> complains about the lack of _PSS.

without knowing exactly what the specs and make/model of your laptop are
  I can't say if that is expected or not.

This is probably best moved to laptop-discuss where there are likely
more focused people who can help you.

--
Darren J Moffat