> Some more things that need to be done are:
> Not able to play videos and movies in the name of
> proprietary software
Whoa. Have you seen Fluendo? I use it to play QuickTime and Flash, plus any
MIcrosoft-based format I've ever encountered, and it works better on
OpenSolaris than on Windows, in terms of start up speed, etc. Yes, it costs
money (like $30), but then there's no way to get around some of the licensing
restrictions. The end user experience is just fine. You just have to pay a
little bit for the legal fees.

> need to be done
> apart from recognising network/internet settings
> automatically and
> recognizing ntfs,fat32 partitions automatically,
This I completely agree with. You have to work a lot harder (with ntfs-3g, etc)
to get native NTFS access than is really necessary. This is something that a
good developer could fix in a few hours, just to make it easy. This really
should have been done.

> It is better if miro and vlc players are available
> for opensolaris.
The fluendo stuff works well with the Totem player included, at least for me.