>Uros Nedic <ur...@live.com> wrote:
>
>>   I'm wondering if it possible that Solaris Development could be op=
>ened at least on a binary
>> level so we could update on a bi-weekly basis our builds as we did =
>with OpenSolaris?
>
>If Oracle did this, Oracle would be in conflict with the CDDL.

No.

>If they publish binaries, they need to publish sources as well.

No, they don't need to publish the sources; they *own* the copyright on
the source and they can do what they want.  The CDDL license is a license
for those who do not own the copyright.  Nexenta, Schillix, etc, they are
required to publish the files they use under CDDL.  But Sun wasn't and
neither is Oracle.  (Even if the Solaris source was distributed under FSF,
there was still no need for Sun/Oracle to publish the source when cutting
a binary release).

Casper