In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:19:17
+0100 (MET), "Frédéric Giudicelli via RT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

rt> All I know, is that MS Windows 2000 SP3 consider the chain broken,
rt> it links the EndUser Cert with the ROOT CERT, and since the issuer
rt> of the EndUser Cert is not ROOT CA, badaboum, unusable
rt> certificate.

In that case, I think Windows has it wrong.

rt> When authorityKeyId=keyid, it works, when authorityKeyId=keyid,
rt> issuer -> doesn't work.

OK, listen up: It's not the combination keyID+issuer that should be
looked up, it's the combination issuer+serial (look at the
certificate, there should be a serial number there as well).  If
Windows breaks on such values, it's broken.

rt> I'm sorry but when we talk about the issuer of the EndUser Cert,
rt> we talk about INTERMEDIATE CA, not ROOT CA.

Again, listen up: The intermediate CA certificate can be refered to by
subject or by rootsubject+serial (that is, the serial number that you
can see in the intermediate CA certificate).  It's the latter lookup
method that should be used when the authorityKeyIdentifier is used.

rt> That's a non sense.

No, you just keep ignoring the serial number, and apparently, so does
Windows.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.