On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:51:24AM +0100, Frédéric Giudicelli via RT wrote:

> Well Microsoft support tells me it's openssl's fault, and you tell me it's
> microsoft's ?
> It's dead end, what am I supposed to tell my clients ?

Well, Microsoft and openssl are not the only code available.
Would you accept a well-done one from IBM? The SET wallet was tested
to accept certificates hierarchy with AKI extension in merchant certificate
referring brand CA, not merchant CA name.

This hierarchy was generated for test only; one could learn details
looking at Naina library, http://www.unity.net/~vf/naina_r1.tgz

happy learning,
Vadim