James.Bottomley> Yes, that's right.  When any SSL program sees a TPM
wrapped key, it
    James.Bottomley> should just do the right thing if it has the engine
capability without
    James.Bottomley> needing the user to add any options to the command line.

    Mm...  I'm not sure I agree with the method, passing a BIO for the
    key_id.

I’m sure I rather disagree, and rather strongly.

    I would much rather have seen a patch where OpenSSL's PEM
    module is tought to recognise 'BEGIN TSS KEY BLOB', pull out the blob
    from it, securing it somehow (since key_id is expected to be be NUL
    terminated) and pass that to the engine.

I would much rather use PEM only to contain keys/certs instead of “pointing” at
them in some weird way.

    My vote goes to a URI based spec rather than bastardising PEM files.

+10^101. ☺

    I understand this kinda throws years of developmemt out the window,
    but there you have it.

“It’s never too late to turn back on a wrong road”