Hi!

I encrypt files via openssl on commandline using the following command:
openssl smime -encrypt -in /tmp/testfile -out /tmp/testfile.enc - nodetach -binary -aes256 -outform DER -engine padlock /tmp/public.pem

Since I use the engine "padlock" on a VIA CPU (openssl speed show an enormous speedup on aes256 algorithm: about 630MB/sec!) I expected that the encryption of big files would also be very fast. But as far as I can see, the openssl command line tool process grows in memory consumption up to about 1.5 times the size of the file. I have "only" 1GB of RAM installed, so is there a way to "stream" big files (about some GB of data) to be encrypted through openssl in order to keep memory consumption low? Also using the padlock engine is very important for me. (don't hesitate to give me links to beta code which needs testing: I will spend time on it if needed).

Thanks,
Harald