Hello,

Am 14.04.2007 um 00:04 schrieb Dr. Stephen Henson:

Sorry to have given you false hopes. The issue that all the data has to be in working memory to be encrypted is indeed starting to become a real annoyance in some practical circumstances. So perhaps if Stephen Henson should develop the feature further one day we can volunteer as testers? ;-)
'tis done.
I found a quiet period to look into it and test it a little. Check out the new
-stream option in the smime utility for OpenSSL 0.9.9.
Support in the API is quite simple too, just include the PKCS7_STREAM flag in the calls to PKCS7_{sign,encrypt} and SMIME_write_PKCS7() see the docs for more info or the new examples in demos/smime. Chaining isn't possible using that method however (e.g. sign & encrypt) that would need major API changes.
Any problems let me know. Money back if not completely satisfied :-)
Thank you very much for the great work. I'm testing at the moment with encoding files, resulting in an extremely good performance using hardware engines.
If anything is open or unclear, I will reply to this message.

Regards,
Harald Latzko