Hello!

Am 14.04.2007 um 00:04 schrieb Dr. Stephen Henson:

Sorry to have given you false hopes. The issue that all the data has to be in working memory to be encrypted is indeed starting to become a real annoyance in some practical circumstances. So perhaps if Stephen Henson should develop the feature further one day we can volunteer as testers? ;-)
'tis done.
I found a quiet period to look into it and test it a little. Check out the new
-stream option in the smime utility for OpenSSL 0.9.9.
Support in the API is quite simple too, just include the PKCS7_STREAM flag in the calls to PKCS7_{sign,encrypt} and SMIME_write_PKCS7() see the docs for more info or the new examples in demos/smime. Chaining isn't possible using that method however (e.g. sign & encrypt) that would need major API changes.
Any problems let me know. Money back if not completely satisfied :-)
After having played a little bit with the openSSL sources (without success) I wonder if it's technically possible to add the new streaming support for SMIME verification and decryption too. Is there anybody out there who can help me out?

Greetings,
Harald