Frustrated...

On 08/11/2017 11:14 AM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users wrote:
My challenge comes to subjectAltName and its subfield
hardwareModuleName
per RFC 4108.   I guess I am not 'getting' the subjectAltName section of
'man x509v3_config'.
Not all forms of SAN names are supported.  If you look in
include/openssl/x509v3.h you see the following:
# define GEN_OTHERNAME   0
# define GEN_EMAIL       1
# define GEN_DNS         2
# define GEN_X400        3
# define GEN_DIRNAME     4
# define GEN_EDIPARTY    5
# define GEN_URI         6
# define GEN_IPADD       7
# define GEN_RID         8

I just spent over an hour googling around as well as reading openssl docs to get a list of distinguished_name fields. Both in their full form and abbreviated form. All I fined are the common ones in examples.

And for the list above for SAN, how are they presented in the openssl cli/config. Again, just not finding it.

My search foo is weak.

pointers greatly appreciated.

Bob