On 11/13/13 at 11:12pm, Jiang, Yunhong wrote:
Hi, Dan Smith and all,
        I noticed followed statement in 'Icehouse tasks' in
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IcehouseNovaExtensibleSchedulerMetrics

                convert resource tracker to objects
                make resoruce tracker extensible
                no db migrations ever again!!
                extra specs to cover resources - use a name space

        How is it planned to achieve the 'no db migrations ever again'? Even
with the object, we still need keep resource information in database. And when
new resource type added, we either add a new column to the table. Or it means
we merge all resource information into a single column as json string and parse
it in the resource tracker object?.

You're right, it's not really achievable without moving to a schemaless persistence model. I'm fairly certain it was added to be humorous and should not be considered an outcome of that session.

Thanks
--jyh