Excerpts from Mike Spreitzer's message of 2013-11-20 15:16:45 -0800:
> Clint Byrum <cl...@fewbar.com> wrote on 11/20/2013 05:41:16 PM:
>
> > Autoscaling doesn't really fly with stateful services IMO.
>
> I presume you're concerned about the "auto" part, not the "scaling".  Even
> a stateful group is something you may want to scale; it just takes a more
> complex set of operations to accomplish that.  If we can make a Heat
> autoscaling group invoke the right set of operations, why not?

It is most definitely possible and necessary. We _must_ do this.

It does not fly with today's limited auto-scaling.

If we can get the link between orchestration and work-flow working well,
the end result should be harmonious automation and then automatic scaling
will indeed be possible for stateful services.