On 07/28/2017 09:12 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 2017-07-27 21:40, Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
Please encourage everyone there to explore options that require the
least amount of effort. An ideal solution is one we can implement
without heroic efforts or having to recruit an army of contributors.

I agree with the points made in general and want to stress we need
something that reduces our efforts.

Two more ideas:

1) What about enhancing the openstackdocstheme to automatically add a
watermark if we publish a stable branch document?
Like on https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/ - which also
includes a warning that the branch is EOL. What about adding at *start*
of a branch a message to the index page like "This is the document for
the SERIES release. Please see https://releases.openstack.org/ whether
the SERIES release is still supported by the OpenStack community."

Or we can use a similar approach with repository badges, and include an image with URL like https://releases.openstack.org/is-supported/ocata.png, which will turn red when ocata goes EOL.

2) The openstackdocstheme has the report a bug link feature. We can
disable this. If we EOL docs (so, push a change before we eol them), we
could remove the setting so that "report a bug" does not work.

Andreas