On 2017-07-27 21:40, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
> Please encourage everyone there to explore options that require the
> least amount of effort. An ideal solution is one we can implement
> without heroic efforts or having to recruit an army of contributors.

I agree with the points made in general and want to stress we need
something that reduces our efforts.

Two more ideas:

1) What about enhancing the openstackdocstheme to automatically add a
watermark if we publish a stable branch document?
Like on https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/ - which also
includes a warning that the branch is EOL. What about adding at *start*
of a branch a message to the index page like "This is the document for
the SERIES release. Please see https://releases.openstack.org/ whether
the SERIES release is still supported by the OpenStack community."

2) The openstackdocstheme has the report a bug link feature. We can
disable this. If we EOL docs (so, push a change before we eol them), we
could remove the setting so that "report a bug" does not work.

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)