On 12/09/2013 11:56 AM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
On 2013/07/12 01:59, Robert Collins wrote:
    * Monitoring
        * assignment, availability, status
        * capacity, historical statistics (M)
Why is this under 'nodes'? I challenge the idea that it should be
there. We will need to surface some stuff about nodes, but the
underlying idea is to take a cloud approach here - so we're monitoring
services, that happen to be on nodes. There is room to monitor nodes,
as an undercloud feature set, but lets be very very specific about
what is sitting at what layer.
We need both - we need to track services but also state of nodes (CPU,
RAM, Network bandwidth, etc). So in node detail you should be able to
track both.

I agree. Monitoring services and monitoring nodes are both valid features for Tuskar. I think splitting it into two separate requirements as Mainn suggested would make a lot of sense.

         * searchable by status, name, cpu, memory, and all attributes from
ironic
         * can be allocated as one of four node types
Not by users though. We need to stop thinking of this as 'what we do
to nodes' - Nova/Ironic operate on nodes, we operate on Heat
templates.
Discussed in other threads, but I still believe (and I am not alone)
that we need to allow 'force nodes'.

Yeah, having both approaches would be nice to have. Instead of using the existing 'force nodes' implementation, wouldn't it be better/cleaner to implement support for it in Nova and Heat?

Imre