I believe we are still 'fighting' here with two approaches and I believe
we need both. We can't only provide a way 'give us resources we will do
a magic'. Yes this is preferred way - especially for large deployments,
but we also need a fallback so that user can say - no, this node doesn't
belong to the class, I don't want it there - unassign. Or I need to have
this node there - assign.

+1 to this. I think there are still a significant amount of admins out there that are really opposed to magic and want that fine-grained control. Even if they don't use it that frequently, in my experience they want to know it's there in the event they need it (and will often dream up a case that they'll need it).

I'm absolutely for pushing the magic approach as the preferred use. And in large deployments that's where people are going to see the biggest gain. The fine-grained approach can even be pushed off as a future feature. But I wouldn't be surprised to see people asking for it and I'd like to at least be able to say it's been talked about.

- As an infrastructure administrator, Anna wants to be able to view the history
of nodes that have been in a deployment.
Why? This is super generic and could mean anything.
I believe this has something to do with 'archived nodes'. But correct me
if I am wrong.

-- Jarda