On 2018-02-02 15:52:24 +0000 (+0000), Adam Spiers wrote:
> Since git and Gerrit are at the heart of our development process,
> I am passing on this very sad news from the git / Gerrit
> communities that Shawn Pearce has passed away after an aggressive
> lung cancer.
[...]

Thanks for sending this along, Adam. Our community owes Shawn (and
his family for that matter) a great debt of gratitude, and not just
for the software he's written. Many are the times when spearce
helped me out personally over IRC with Gerrit-related issues, even
though I'm certain he could have been spending his time on more
interesting endeavors instead. He will be missed.
--
Jeremy Stanley