On 2/19/18 3:18 PM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot wrote:
Hi,

Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> writes:

Upgrading YAQL from 1.1.0 to 1.1.3 breaks advanced queries with groupBy
aggregation.

The commit that broke it is
https://github.com/openstack/yaql/commit/3fb91784018de335440b01b3b069fe45dc53e025

It broke TripleO: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1750032
But Alex and I figured (after a strong headache) that we needed to update
the query like this: https://review.openstack.org/545498

This is great, but we still have a pending issue.  Mixed upgrade jobs
are failing from Pike on.  Those are very experimental jobs[1][2] but
the error is present.  The problem being that in mixed version we have
the 1.1.3 yaql version (master undercloud) but not the fix in the
templates which are either N-1 or N-3.

But if we get the fix in previous version, the deployment shouldn't work
anymore as we would not have yaql 1.1.3, but the new syntax.

With a backport of the YAQL fixes for tht made for Pike, would it be the full fix to make a backport of yaql 1.1.3 for Pike repos as well? Or am I missing something?

It's not only CI which is affected.  Any kind of mixed version operation
would fail as well.

[1] P->Q:
http://logs.openstack.org/62/545762/3/experimental/tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oc-upgrade/afc98a5/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/overcloud_deploy.log.txt.gz#_2018-02-19_09_48_54
[2] Fast Forward Upgrade:
http://logs.openstack.org/86/525686/55/experimental/tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-ffu-upgrade/5412555/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/overcloud_deploy.log.txt.gz

It would be great to avoid this kind of change within minor versions,
please please.

Happy weekend,

PS: I'm adding YAQL to my linkedin profile right now.
--
Emilien Macchi

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,