On 2013/10/12 17:49, Lyle, David wrote:
This topic has been available on ux-askbot and ux Google+ forum before
that for months.  Based on that alone, I don’t believe the vote was
limited.  All input was taken and considered.  In the end, there are
strong opinions on both sides.

What the final outcome was…  We’ll implement the vertical navigation by
default and write the html such that skinning to make the navigation
horizontal should be as easy as writing the less and potentially
additional js for it (thinking of screen width overflow).  I’m not sure
we want to take on the burden of supporting an implementation of both
layout directions in horizon, but there may be workable solutions there.

As other icehouse blueprints depend on the navigation upgrade, I’d
rather not keep rehashing this topic.

-David Lyle

OK, that make sense.

In that case, there is the latest proposal on Vertical Navigation from Dec 3, which is waiting for some feedback (mostly domain selector approach).

I am looking forward to see your comments here:

http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com/question/2/openstack-dashboard-navigation-redesign/?answer=99#post-id-99

-- Jarda