On 04/09/2018 01:12 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:

On 04/06/2018 04:02 AM, Jens Harbott wrote:
On 18-04-05 20:11:04, Graham Hayes wrote:
On 05/04/18 16:47, Matthew Thode wrote:
eventlet-0.22.1 has been out for a while now, we should try and use it.
Going to be fun times.

I have a review projects can depend upon if they wish to test.
https://review.openstack.org/533021

It looks like we may have an issue with oslo.service -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559144/ is failing gates.

Also - what is the dance for this to get merged? It doesn't look like we
can merge this while oslo.service has the old requirement restrictions.

The dance is as follows.

0. provide review for projects to test new eventlet version
    projects using eventlet should make backwards compat code changes at
    this time.

But this step is currently failing. Keystone doesn't even start when
eventlet-0.22.1 is installed, because loading oslo.service fails with
its pkg definition still requiring the capped eventlet:

http://logs.openstack.org/21/533021/4/check/legacy-requirements-integration-dsvm/7f7c3a8/logs/screen-keystone.txt.gz#_Apr_05_16_11_27_748482

So it looks like we need to have an uncapped release of oslo.service
before we can proceed here.

I've proposed a patch[1] to uncap eventlet in oslo.service, but it's failing the unit tests[2].  I'll look into it, but I thought I'd provide an update in the meantime.

Oh, the unit test failures are unrelated. Apparently the unit tests have been failing in oslo.service for a while. dims has a patch up at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559831/ that looks to be addressing the problem, although it's also failing the unit tests. :-/

1: https://review.openstack.org/559800
2: http://logs.openstack.org/00/559800/1/check/openstack-tox-py27/cef8fcb/job-output.txt.gz