On 05/23/2018 02:00 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-05-22 17:41:18 -0400 (-0400), Brian Haley wrote:
[...]
I read this the other way - the goal is to get all the forked code from
StarlingX into upstream repos.  That seems backwards from how this should
have been done (i.e. upstream first), and I don't see how a project would
prioritize that over other work.
[...]

I have yet to see anyone suggest it should be prioritized over other
work. I expect the extracted and proposed changes/specs
corresponding to the divergence would be viewed on their own merits
just like any other change and ignored, reviewed, rejected, et
cetera as appropriate.

Even doing that is work - going through changes, finding nuggets, proposing new specs.... I don't think we can expect a project to even go there, it has to be driven by someone already involved in StarlingX, IMHO.

-Brian