On 30/05/18 00:52, Cédric Jeanneret wrote:
Another issue is that if the original author needs to rev the patch
again for any reason, they then need to figure out how to check out the
modified patch. This requires a fairly sophisticated knowledge of both
git and gerrit, which isn't a problem for those of us who have been
using them for years but is potentially a nightmarish introduction for a
relatively new contributor. Sometimes it's the right choice though
(especially if the patch owner hasn't been seen for a while).
hm, "Download" -> copy/paste, and Voilà. Gerrit interface is pretty nice
with the user (I an "old new contributor", never really struggled with
Gerrit itself.. On the other hand, heat, ansible, that's another story :) ).

OK, so I am sitting here with a branch containing a patch I have sent for review, and that I need to revise, but somebody else has pushed a revision upstream. Which of the 4 'Download' commands do I use to replace my commit with the latest one from upstream?

(Hint: it's a trick question)

Now imagine it wasn't the last patch in the series.

- ZB

(P.S. without testing, I believe the correct answers are `git reset --hard FETCH_HEAD` and `git rebase HEAD~<patch_depth> --onto FETCH_HEAD` respectively.)