Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com>  wrote:

>I'm not sure what sort of project-specific documentation we think we need.
Perhaps none if there is a standard, but is there a standard? Can you give me
examples in Storyboard of "standard" views that present information even
vaguely similar to https://launchpad.net/nova/+series and
https://launchpad.net/nova/rocky ? Or is every project on their own to invent
the views that they will use, independent of what any other project is doing?

>Each project team can set up its own board or worklist for a given series. The
>"documentation" just needs to point to that thing, right?
If we're relying on each team to set up its own board or worklist then it
sounds like there is not a standard. In which case, we're back to the need for
each project to document (at a minimum) where to find its view and perhaps also
how to interpret it.

>Each team may also decide to use a set of tags, and those would need to be
>documented, but that's no different from launchpad.
I agree, use of tags is likely to be team specific, but where can someone find
those tags without mind-melding with an experienced member of the project?

E.g. If I navigate to the fairly obvious URL:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron I can see a list of tags on the right side
of the page, sorted in descending order by frequency of use. On the other hand,
if I follow the intuitive process of going to https://storyboard.openstack.org
and clicking on "Project Groups" and then clicking "heat" and then clicking
"openstack/heat" I reach the somewhat less obvious URL
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/989 and no indication at all of
what tags might be useful in this project.