On 12/19/2013 04:28 AM, John Dickinson wrote:
> Another option would be to use what we already have to our benefit. Instead
> of trying to provision two meeting rooms (-meeting and -meeting-alt), use the
> various other IRC channels that we already have for team meetings. This would
> allow for meetings to be at the same time, but it would free up more time
> slots to be scheduled, and those time slots can be scheduled more precisely
> to fit the schedules of those attending.
>
> So what about cross-team concerns? We have the weekly meeting, and if that
> isn't sufficient, then the -meeting and -meeting-alt channels can be
> scheduled for cross-team needs.

I'm generally -1 to this. I idle in #openstack-meeting and
#openstack-meeting-alt, and periodically go look at what's going on. It
also means if someone pings me in a meeting, I'm likely to see it. This
level of passive monitoring on the meetings is I think useful.

If a particular team wants to take their meetings out of the main
channels, so be it, but I think the norm should be to continue to use
those channels.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague