Hi,

>>  *3. Where would JSON schemas come from?*
>>
>>  It depends on each OpenStack service. Glance and Marconi (soon) offer
>> schemas directly through the API - so they are directly responsible for
>> maintaining this - we'd just consume it. We could probably cache a local
>> version to minimize requests.
>>
>>  For services that do not offer schemas yet, we'd have to use local
>> schema files. There's a project called Tempest which does integration tests
>> for OpenStack clusters, and it uses schema files. So there might be a
>> possibility of using their files in the future. If this is not possible,
>> we'd write them ourselves. It took me 1-2 days to write the entire Nova
>> API. Once a schema file has been fully tested and signed off as 100%
>> operational, it can be frozen as a set version.
>>

> Can we convert the schema files from Tempest into something we can use?

just FYI

Now Tempest contains schemas for Nova API only, and the schemas of request
and response are stored into different directories.
We can see
  request schema:
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/etc/schemas/compute
  response schema:
https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/tempest/api_schema/compute

In the future, the way to handle these schemas in Tempest is one of the
topics in the next
summit.
http://junodesignsummit.sched.org/event/e3999a28ec02aa14b69ad67848be570a

Nova also contains request schema under
https://github.com/openstack/nova/tree/master/nova/api/openstack/compute/schemas/v3
These schemas are used only for Nova v3 API, there is nothing for v2
API(current) because
v2 API does not use jsonschema.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi