+1 for breaking down the configuration by modules.

Not sure about names for configuration group. Do you mean just using the same
group name? or more?

IMO groups are project specific; it doesn’t always make sense to use the same
group name in the context of different projects. Our requirement is 1)
auto-generate mistral.conf.example from the config.py and 2) sections make
sense in the product context.

For example: how do we deal with rpc_backend and transport_url for oslo
messaging? Should we do something like CONF.import(_transport_opts,
“oslo.messaging.transport”, “transport”)? And use it by passing the group, not
entire contfig, like:

        transport = messaging.get_transport(cfg.messaging.CONF)
instead of
        transport = messaging.get_transport(cfg.CONF)