From: Brandon Logan [mailto:brandon.lo...@rackspace.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:27 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] "status" in entities

Hello Vijay!

Well this is a hold over from v1, but the status is a provisioning status.  So
yes, when something is deployed successfully it should be ACTIVE.  The
exception to this is the member status, in that it's status can be INACTIVE if
a health check fails.  Now this will probably cause edge cases when health
checks and updates are happening to the same member.  It's been talked about
before, but we need to really have two types of status fields, provisioning and
operational.  IMHO, that should be something we try to get into K.

Thanks,
Brandon