From: Harm Weites [mailto:h...@weites.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2014 2:22 PM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] Status of Neutron IPv6 dual stack

Hi,

Given the work on [1] has been abandoned, I'm wondering what the current status
of going dual stack is. Of course, given Neutron got something like that on
it's roadmap.

The initial BP [2] aimed for Havana and Icehouse, and I'm unaware of something
similar to achieve a dual stack network. What are the options, if any? To my
knowledge it all comes down to supporting multiple exterior interfaces
(networks) on a l3-agent, which is currently limited to just 1: either IP4 or
IP6.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77471/
[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/allow-multiple-subnets-on-gateway-port