Given the general consensus seemed to be to wait some before deciding what to
do here, isn't putting the revert patch up for approval a tad premature ?

The RT may be not able to cope with all of the new and more complex resource
types we're now trying to schedule, and so it's not surprising that the ERT
can't fix that.  It does however address some specific use cases that the
current RT can't cope with,  the spec had a pretty through review under the new
process, and was discussed during the last 2 design summits.   It worries me
that we're continually failing to make even small and useful progress in this
area.

Sylvain's approach of leaving the ERT in place so it can be used for the use
cases it was designed for while holding back on doing some of the more complex
things than might need either further work in the ERT, or some more fundamental
work in the RT (which feels like as L or M timescales based on current
progress) seemed pretty pragmatic to me.

Phil