From: Jay Pipes [mailto:jaypi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2014 8:07 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] Averting the Nova crisis by splitting out
virt drivers

On 09/05/2014 06:29 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
> Scheduler: I think we need to split out the scheduler with a similar
> level of urgency. We keep blocking features on the split, because we
> know we don't have the review bandwidth to deal with them. Right now I
> am talking about a compute related scheduler in the compute program,
> that might evolve to worry about other services at a later date.

-1

Without first cleaning up the interfaces around resource tracking, claim
creation and processing, and the communication interfaces between the
nova-conductor, nova-scheduler, and nova-compute.

I see no urgency at all in splitting out the scheduler. The cleanup of the
interfaces around the resource tracker and scheduler has great priority,
though, IMO.

Best,
-jay