Hi Ramy,

Thanks for the links; looks like these address a problem of creating a
proper volume type that happens on deployment time and that would be
used as a default volume type.

And I'm talking about a volume type that Tempest creates in runtime:

https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/api/volume/admin/test_volume_types.py#L41

Currently it uses a fixed set of keys, 'snapshot_protocol' and
'vendor_name', however it needs to be extended to allow to pass
additional keys that the Coraid driver needs to operate.

Roman Bogorodskiy