On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Sean Dague <s...@dague.net> wrote:

> So today we have a proxy API in Nova which does some of this. I guess
> the question is is it better to do this in Nova in the future or divorce
> it from there.

A stand-alone, production-quality configurable proxy would be useful to
take over this work.  It would also be useful for some other things I have
in mind...

For a while now I've wanted to find or write an API proxy/simulator to a)
do API mock-like configurations to actually use and test it over the
network; b) proxy requests on to real servers, with the option of
transforming both request and response for further 'live' API change
mockups.

I'm sure this has already been done, suggestions and pointers to existing
projects welcome.  If not, suggestions for a good starting point/platform.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtro...@gmail.com