>From: Sandy Walsh [sandy.wa...@rackspace.com] Tuesday, October 07, 2014 6:07 PM
>
>Haven't had any time to get anything written down (pressing deadlines with
>StackTach.v3) but open to suggestions. Perhaps we should just add something to
>the olso.messaging etherpad to find time at the summit to talk about it?
>
>-S

Actually, that's not really true.

The Monasca team has been playing with schema definitions for their wire
format (a variation on the kind of notification we ultimately want). And
http://apiary.io/ is introducing support for structure schemas soon. Perhaps
we can start with some schema proposals there? JSON-Schema based?

For green-field installations, CADF is a possibility, but for already
established services we will to document what's in place first.

At some point we'll need a cross-project effort to identify all the important
characteristics of the various services.

Also, we've been finding no end of problems with the wild-west payload
section.

For example, look at all the different places we have to look to find the
instance UUID from Nova.

https://github.com/SandyWalsh/stacktach-sandbox/blob/verifier/winchester/event_definitions.yaml#L12-L17

Likewise for project_id, flavor_id, deleted_at, etc.

Definitely need a solution to this.