The HOT Builder code is available now at
https://github.com/rackerlabs/hotbuilder although at the moment it is
non-functional because it has not been ported over to Horizon.

Drago

From: Angus Salkeld <asalk...@mirantis.com<mailto:asalk...@mirantis.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 2:42 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [UX] [Heat] [Mistral] Merlin project PoC update:
shift from HOT builder to Mistral Workbook builder

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Steve Baker
<sba...@redhat.com<mailto:sba...@redhat.com>> wrote:
On 26/09/14 05:36, Timur Sufiev wrote:
Hello, folks!

Following Drago Rosson's introduction of Barricade.js and our discussion in ML
about possibility of using it in Merlin [1], I've decided to change the plans
for PoC: now the goal for Merlin's PoC is to implement Mistral Workbook builder
on top of Barricade.js. The reasons for that are:

* To better understand Barricade.js potential as data abstraction layer in
Merlin, I need to learn much more about its possibilities and limitations than
simple examining/reviewing of its source code allows. The best way to do this
is by building upon it.
* It's becoming too crowded in the HOT builder's sandbox - doing the same work
as Drago currently does [2] seems like a waste of resources to me (especially
in case he'll opensource his HOT builder someday just as he did with
Barricade.js).

Drago, it would be to everyone's benefit if your HOT builder efforts were
developed on a public git repository, no matter how functional it is currently.

Is there any chance you can publish what you're working on to
https://github.com/dragorosson or rackerlabs for a start?

Drago any news of this? This would prevent a lot of duplication of work and
later merging of code. The sooner this is done the better.

-Angus

* Why Mistral and not Murano or Solum? Because Mistral's YAML templates have
simpler structure than Murano's ones do and is better defined at that moment
than the ones in Solum.

There already some commits in https://github.com/stackforge/merlin and since
client-side app doesn't talk to the Mistral's server yet, it is pretty easy to
run it (just follow the instructions in README.md) and then see it in browser
at http://localhost:8080. UI is yet not great, as the current focus is data
abstraction layer exploration, i.e. how to exploit Barricade.js capabilities to
reflect all relations between Mistral's entities. I hope to finish the minimal
set of features in a few weeks - and will certainly announce it in the ML.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/044591.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-August/044186.html