On Nov 12, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Adam Young <ayo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2014 02:06 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> During our “Graduation Schedule” summit session we worked through the list
>> of modules remaining the in the incubator. Our notes are in the etherpad
>> [1], but as part of the "Write it Down” theme for Oslo this cycle I am also
>> posting a summary of the outcome here on the mailing list for wider
>> distribution. Let me know if you remembered the outcome for any of these
>> modules differently than what I have written below.
>>
>> Doug
>>

>> Deleted or deprecated modules:
>>
>> funcutils.py - This was present only for python 2.6 support, but it is no
>> longer used in the applications. We are keeping it in the stable/juno branch
>> of the incubator, and removing it from master
>> (https://review.openstack.org/130092)
>>
>> hooks.py - This is not being used anywhere, so we are removing it.
>> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125781/)
>>
>> quota.py - A new quota management system is being created
>> (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-oslo-common-quota-library) and should
>> replace this, so we will keep it in the incubator for now but deprecate it.
>>
>> crypto/utils.py - We agreed to mark this as deprecated and encourage the use
>> of Barbican or cryptography.py (https://review.openstack.org/134020)
>>
>> cache/ - Morgan is going to be working on a new oslo.cache library as a
>> front-end for dogpile, so this is also deprecated
>> (https://review.openstack.org/134021)
>>
>> apiclient/ - With the SDK project picking up steam, we felt it was safe to
>> deprecate this code as well (https://review.openstack.org/134024).
>>
>> xmlutils.py - This module was used to provide a security fix for some XML
>> modules that have since been updated directly. It was removed.
>> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125021/)
>>

>> Graduating:
>>
>> oslo.context:
>> - Dims is driving this
>> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo-incubator/+spec/graduate-oslo-context
>> - includes:
>>      context.py
>>
>> oslo.service:
>> - Sachi is driving this
>> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo-incubator/+spec/graduate-oslo-service
>> - includes:
>>      eventlet_backdoor.py
>>      loopingcall.py
>>      periodic_task.py
>>      request_utils.py
>>      service.py
>>      sslutils.py
>>      systemd.py
>>      threadgroup.py
>>
>> oslo.utils:
>> - We need to look into how to preserve the git history as we import these
>> modules.
>> - includes:
>>      fileutils.py
>>      versionutils.py
> You missed oslo.policy.  Graduating, and moving under the AAA program.

I sure did. I thought we’d held a separate session on policy and I was going to
write it up separately, but now I’m not finding a link to a separate etherpad.
I must have been mixing that discussion up with one of the other sessions.

The Keystone team did agree to adopt the policy module and create a library
from it. I have Morgan and Adam down as volunteering to drive that process.
Since we’re changing owners, I’m not sure where we want to put the
spec/blueprint to track the work. Maybe under the keystone program, since
you’re doing the work?