Hi Doug,

I'm going to write the spec regarding the policy graduation, it will be
placed in the keystone-specs repository. I was wondering if someone have
examples of such specs so we can cover all necessary points.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2014, at 8:31 AM, Dmitry Tantsur <dtant...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 11/13/2014 01:54 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> list of modules remaining the in the incubator. Our notes are in the
> etherpad [1], but as part of the "Write it Down” theme for Oslo this cycle
> I am also posting a summary of the outcome here on the mailing list for
> wider distribution. Let me know if you remembered the outcome for any of
> these modules differently than what I have written below.

> is no longer used in the applications. We are keeping it in the stable/juno
> branch of the incubator, and removing it from master (
> https://review.openstack.org/130092)

> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125781/)

> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-oslo-common-quota-library) and
> should replace this, so we will keep it in the incubator for now but
> deprecate it.

> the use of Barbican or cryptography.py (
> https://review.openstack.org/134020)

> a front-end for dogpile, so this is also deprecated (
> https://review.openstack.org/134021)

> safe to deprecate this code as well (https://review.openstack.org/134024).

> XML modules that have since been updated directly. It was removed. (
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125021/)

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo-incubator/+spec/graduate-oslo-context

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo-incubator/+spec/graduate-oslo-service
> run tasks on a thread pool, not only in one thread (quite a problem for
> Ironic). Does it somehow interfere with the graduation? Any deadlines or
> something?
> >>
> >> Feature development on code declared ready for graduation is basically
> frozen until the new library is created. You should plan on doing that work
> in the new oslo.service repository, which should be showing up soon. And
> the you describe feature sounds like something for which we would want a
> spec written, so please consider filing one when you have some of the
> details worked out.
> > Sure, right now I'm experimenting in Ironic tree to figure out how it
> really works. There's a single oslo-specs repo for the whole oslo, right?
>
> Yes, that’s right openstack/oslo-specs. Having a branch somewhere as a
> reference would be great for the spec reviewers, so that seems like a good
> way to start.
>
> Doug

> these modules.

> clear whether Gantt has enough traction yet so we will hold onto these in
> the incubator for at least another cycle.

> containing this code, but we haven’t had time to coordinate with Solly
> about doing that.

> started during Juno.

Rodrigo Duarte Sousa
Software Engineer at Advanced OpenStack Brazil
Distributed Systems Laboratory
MSc in Computer Science
Federal University of Campina Grande
Campina Grande, PB - Brazil