Ok.

Here’s what I think.

Mostly I like the solution you’re proposing. Some comments/questions:
We discussed this with Dmitry about a couple of months ago and we concluded
that we don’t necessarily need a separate endpoint, CRUD operations etc. (even
though my initial BP had exactly this idea). One of the reasons was that we can
just attach required information about events we’re interested in to “start
workflow” request (technically it may be that “params” argument in
“start_workflow” method) so that you don’t need to make 2 requests: 1)
Subscribe to required events 2) Start workflow. However, I think we could
combine these two things: having a separate endpoint and being able to attach
“callback” information (the naming should be different though) in “start
workflow” request. The first option is useful when I’m not interested in some
particular workflow. For example, if I as a Mistral client just want to monitor
what’s happening with my multiple workflows (not certain executions but rather
all executions of specific workflows) and want to react on them somehow. The
second one is just a shortcut solution to avoid one extra request to make event
subscription.
Having only decorators is not enough. Even though I like that idea indeed. For
instance, the event of completing workflow can’t be handled by a decorator I
guess. But I’m not 100% sure, it may actually depend on how smart that
decorator is. Anyway, just a thought.
Do you think we need a separate worker/executor connected via MQ to make all
the notifications? Would it be simpler to just make those HTTP calls directly
from engine w/o distributing them? Seems like distribution overhead may be
higher than making the call itself. Btw, we’re now thinking about the concept
of ‘local actions’ that don’t have to be distributed across executors. The
reason is the same: distribution overhead is much higher than just running them
right in the engine process. So I would like to know what you think here.

Thanks

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.