I proposed monasca-agent in a previous mail in this thread.

P.

On 11/21/2014 04:48 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
How about this?
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Monasca

Kevin *
*
*From:* Dmitriy Shulyak
*Sent:* Friday, November 21, 2014 12:57:45 AM
*To:* OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
*Subject:* Re: [openstack-dev] [Fuel] fuel master monitoring

    I have nothing against using some 3rd party service. But I thought
    this was to be small -- disk monitoring only & notifying the user,
    not stats collecting. That's why I added the code to Fuel
    codebase. If you want external service you need to remember about
    such details as, say, duplicate settings (database credentials at
    least) and I thought this was an overkill for such simple
    functionality.

Yes, it will be much more complex than simple daemon that creates notifications but our application is operating in isolated containers, and most of the resources cant be discovered from any particular container. So if we will want to extend it, with another task, like monitoring pool of dhcp addresses - we will end up with some kindof server-agent architecture, and this is a lot of work to do

    Also, for a 3rd party service, notification injecting code still
    needs to be written as a plugin -- that's why I also don't think
    Ruby is a good idea :)

Afaik there is a way to write python plugins for sensu, but if there is monitoring app in python, that have friendly support for extensions, I am +1 for python

    So in the end I don't know if we'll have that much less code with
    a 3rd party service. But if you want a statistics collector then
    maybe it's OK.

I think that monitoring application is fits there, and we kindof already introducing our whell for collecting statistic from openstack. I would like to know what guys who was working on stats in 6.0 thinking about it. So it is TBD