Rob Basham

Cloud Systems Software Architecture
971-344-1999

Bartosz Kupidura <bkupid...@mirantis.com> wrote on 11/25/2014 05:21:59 AM:

> From: Bartosz Kupidura <bkupid...@mirantis.com>
> <openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 11/25/2014 05:26 AM
> Subject: [openstack-dev] [FUEL] Zabbix in HA mode
>
> Hello All,
>
> Im working on Zabbix implementation which include HA support.
>
> Zabbix server should be deployed on all controllers in HA mode.
>
> Currently we have dedicated role 'zabbix-server', which does not support
more
> than one zabbix-server. Instead of this we will move monitoring
> solution (zabbix),
> as an additional component.
>
> We will introduce additional role 'zabbix-monitoring', assigned to
> all servers with
> lowest priority in serializer (run puppet after every other roles)
> when zabbix is
> enabled.
> 'Zabbix-monitoring' role will be assigned automatically.
>
> When zabbix component is enabled, we will install zabbix-server on
> all controllers
> in active-backup mode (pacemaker+haproxy).
>
> In next stage, we can allow users to deploy zabbix-server on dedicated
node OR
> on controllers for performance reasons.
> But for now we should force zabbix-server to be deployed on controllers.
>
> BP is in initial phase, but code is ready and working with Fuel 5.1.
> Now im checking if it works with master.
>
> Any comments are welcome!

This is of limited value to my business due to the GPL license -- so my
company's lawyers tell me.  I will be unable to take advantage of what
looks to be a solid solution from what I can see of Zabbix.  Are there any
risks to Fuel (open source contamination) from this approach?  I doubt it
but I want to make sure you are considering this.